[mythtv-users] DVI vs. S-Video

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 9 02:39:56 UTC 2008

Lindsay Mathieson wrote:
> Harry Devine wrote:
>
>> Everyone,
>>

>> I'm a little unsure how to configure my xorg.conf file to do this.
>>

> There should be a nvidia utility (nvtv) that allows you to configure
> which tv output on the card to use.

I found an "NVIDIA X Server Settings" utility, I hope that's it.
Anyway, in there, I see alot of X-related information, like "X Screen 0"
and "X Server Display Configuration", but I don't see any options to
tell which output to use.  I do see that I have NVIDIA driver version
1.0-9755, and I have CRT-0 (Samsung DLP) and TV-O (TV-O) defined, but I
can't see how this utility defines/knows that SVIDEO is being used for
TV Out.  If I examine my xorg.conf, I do see an option called
"TVOutFormat" and that's set to "SVIDEO".  I guess my question is what
do I have to set "TVOutFormat" to to get the DVI output to work as I want?

Sorry if I sound confused.  Thanks for the help.
Harry