[mythtv-users] Changed chanid via SQL, now can't seek in older recordings

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Jan 7 17:48:57 UTC 2008

On 01/06/2008 05:36 PM, David Whyte wrote:
> On Jan 6, 2008 11:53 PM, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
>
>> Yep.  That's the right fix.
> Thanks for the confirmation Mike.  Can I ask though, is there an
> occasion when one would use mythtranscode over mythcommflag.

When mythcommflag fails to produce a good seektable.  :)

>   From
> what I had read in the archives, I should have used the transcoder
> since I am using a DVB-T card.  Or did I mis-read it all completely?

Generally, mythtranscode will do better for MPEG-TS (and/or MPEG-PS)
streams.  TTBOMK, mythcommflag should /always/ be used for NUV files.
Chris Pinkham probably can confirm which MPEG stream type(s) are best
handled by mythtranscode.  However, note that it's possible that the
mythtranscode code supporting the MPEG streams will be added to
mythcommflag in the near future (so you'll always use mythcommflag, again).

> If I work out when to use on over the other (with your help of
> course), I will update the wiki with the information.

Thanks.

Mike