[mythtv-users] Another step towards what I'd predicted

Marc drayson at net1plus.com
Sun Jan 6 02:40:48 UTC 2008

I'm all for this move. I only pay for the basic channels, the ones that I
can get on a standard cable ready TV. My PVR-350/500 can receive all these
channels as they are broadcast in the clear. As my cable company moves
closer to being full digital I am only able to access my local stations in
the clear via QAM.
I believe that, if what you want to happen gets enforced, then the cable
companies would be required to send all basic channels in the clear and only
require the STB, or CableCard if your system supports it, if you want to
watch a pay channel like Showtime or similar.