[mythtv-users] ASUS M2NPV-VM or GIGABYTE GA-M68SM-S2

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 23:41:09 UTC 2008

2008/1/6, Mitch Gore <mitchell.gore at gmail.com>:
> On Jan 4, 2008 2:53 PM, Jeppe N. Madsen <jeppe at ingolfs.dk> wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 3 Jan 2008, Mitch Gore wrote:

> > >  I changed the wakeup file so the USB lines are enabled.  I still
> > >  have the same issue tho.  The comp goes to sleep fine but it wont
> > >  wake up.  I have to do a hard reset to get the display to show
> > >  anything.
> >
> > It's not clear from the above posts, but can you resume by pressing
> > the power button? This would be the first thing to get working.
> >
> > If you try to resume from an MCE (or any other USB
> > device) you need to change the jumpers on the motherboard, so power is
> > supplied to the USB ports during S3.
> >
> > /Jeppe

> I have moved the jumpers but i still cant get video on resume.  I have tried
> pushing the power button to wake the comp.  I hear the drives spin up and
> all but the video card never starts.  I am thinking i need to unload nvidia
> drivers then reload them.  How would I do that?  Or am i just flat out wrong
> on this idea?  If so PLEASE point me in the right direction.  I spent the
> $$$ on hardware hoping it would work and it appears i have not made much of
> an upgrade.

you cannot unload nvidia module if X (mythfrontend) is running.

you can enable ACPI debugging in kernel and check /var/log/messages
and syslog for more information.

1. enable PM_DEBUG, and PM_TRACE
2. run "echo 1 > /sys/power/pm_trace" to enable debugging
3. run "echo mem > /sys/power/state" to start suspend

try to use s2ram with some params like "s2ram -f -a 3" instead of
"echo mem > /sys/power/state" because s2ram have some smaller
improvements built in. check  s2ram homepage for all params
combination

check the logs after crash.