[mythtv-users] LCD date

Paul Harrison mythtv at dsl.pipex.com
Sat Jan 5 18:25:22 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:

> On Jan 4, 2008 3:24 PM, raptor jr <raptorjr at hotmail.com
> <mailto:raptorjr at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     I'm using SVN trunk version and recently updated. Now i have
>     day,date and year on my LCD display, above the time. But i only
>     want the time like it was before my update. How can i remove the date?
>

> If you're running SVN, you really should be reading the commit lists,
> and if you do, you should have seen this ticket and fix
>
> http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4329
>
> And looking at it myself, no, you cannot remove the date with the
> current setup.  You could comment on that ticket about your request
> and perhaps paul will take a look at it.  I would think if there was
> some place to configure a date/time format for the LCD that would be
> the best method. Offering a patch yourself for this would be the ideal
> and quickest solution but I understand if you're not a coder.
>
> Kevin

If you have 'Display Large Clock' turned on then it will only show the
clock if your LCD/VFD driver supports the big numbers feature. If not
then you're stuck with the date.

It would be trivial to add a new setting to have it as an option but
thats a bit of sore point at the moment :-( While I'm all for adding new
settings to make things as flexible as possible I do understand it can
make things confusing for some users. See the discussion  here
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/306398#306398.

Paul H.