[mythtv-users] Slightly OT: "Receive your own posts to the list" list option and gmail?

Tom Dexter digitalaudiorock at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 20:35:05 UTC 2008

On Jan 3, 2008 3:14 PM, Willy Boyd <willyboyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2008 1:59 PM, Tom Dexter <digitalaudiorock at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry if this is somewhat OT...this has been driving me nuts for a while.
> >
> > I have the "Receive your own posts to the list?" option set to yes for
> > my mythtv-users subscription, and I'm using gmail.
> >
> > I never get my own posts in the inbox...thus the posts don't get
> > bumped to the top of the inbox when I reply.  Has anyone else found
> > this, and is it some fluke with gmail specifically?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Tom
> GMail works this way.  You never see your own messages (emails sent
> from your email address) in your Inbox by default.  They're in Sent
> messages.  I've read that in several places, not just from my own
> experience.
Ahh...that would definitely explain it....and I guess as long as it
shows my address as the from address it does that, even if it actually
came from the list server.

Also, the filter I have now to set my mythtv-users label is based on
having [mythtv-users] in the subject, as things appear coming from the
list.  I guess I have to add another for anything sent to the list as
well.  That'll at least add my posts to my label if not the inbox.