[mythtv-users] MythRecipe resurrection

George Galt george.galt at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 14:57:16 UTC 2008

Kevin:

This would be wonderful.  I too would love to help/test.  I too use
Mastercook, and would prefer to have something available through myth,
which we have in the kitchen anyway.

FYI, I have several touchscreens and my current experience with myth
on them is that while many of the myth controls respond to touch/mouse
input, the overall myth construct doesn't really anticipate a
touchscreen (just try to get out of a plugin or watching TV using a
touchscreen).  What I did to work with myth on a touchscreen was
implement a KDE applet that contains left, right, up, down, enter and
esc buttons and sends these commands to myth through the command line
interface.  Unfortunately, this means you have to run myth in a
window, but it's better than nothing.  I'd be happy to share the code
if that would help, or see if there is some global means to provide a
touchscreen interface for myth.

George