[mythtv-users] Weird playback issue/problem....

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Thu Jan 3 12:39:27 UTC 2008

Howdy again

My MythBuntu 7.10 install is going great guns and performing well in all
aspects but one. I am using the Trunk install due to all the cool
features (like back to back recordings working properly etc) but must
have something setup wrong.

All of my recordings are perfect, no issue with the quality of the
recording. I know this because I can stream programs via MythWeb from
the backend to another machine and they play perfectly. However, when I
play them on the same machine they were recorded on (it is a combined
backend/frontend) the recordings will pause at random intervals -
sometime short (under 1 sec), sometimes longer (10-30 secs). They will
do this whether the machine is recording something or not. What will
also happen at times is that after the pause. the video/audio will jump
a few seconds like the file is still going underneath the pause. I have
tried various playback settings under the new screen but am totally
confused by the jumbled options. Prior to going to Trunk I was with the
standard, run-of-the-mill 020 install that comes with MythBuntu. I had
this playing recordings smooth as a baby's bottom after installing the
latest nVidia drivers via Envy. But it all turned pear shaped when I
upgraded for all the cool features (which actually benefit my situation)

Has anyone experienced the same issues, be it with Trunk or MythBuntu?
Any suggestions? And is there *something* on this new fangled playback
screen (the one with interlacing etc). I have searched, read and still
don't understand as I could not find any concrete examples.

Any and all help would be very much appreciated....WAF level is dropping
and I am banned from building another machine for at least 6 months (I
got her down from 12 months!!)

Cheers
Bruce