[mythtv-users] FAQ about the US OTA DTV and MythTV?

Chuck Needham thatguy at 2bitstudio.com
Thu Jan 3 01:33:53 UTC 2008

  Is there a FAQ where I can find info on suggested tuners for OTA
Digital SDTV for MythTV?

Are the HD tuner cards out now able to capture Digital SDTV channels as
well? Have the issues of aspect and resolution been addressed? Can the
SDTV stream be converted into analog for non digital TVs from the DTV
(HD?)tuner card?

Can't you tell I'm a complete NOOB? I'm just getting my parts list
sorted out for the MythTV system I'll be putting together. I figure I
will need at least a dual-tuner solution for analog for now (and to run
my VHS and Beta tapes through after the chnage-over) and be ready to add
a DTV (HD?) tuner later in the year.

Thanks for any help...

Chuck