[mythtv-users] anyone with working mythtv on CentOS 5.1?

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jan 2 17:59:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jan 02, 2008 at 09:19:50AM -0700, Corey Wirun wrote:
> This is for anyone who is (successfully) running mythTV on CentOS 5.1.
>
> Could someone do me a favour?  Could someone post a listing of the
> packages installed?  i.e.
>
> rpm -q -a | grep -i ivtv
> rpm -q -a | grep -i myth
>
> I noticed on atrpms that there is apparently separate ivtv-kmdl rpms
> labelled 'centos' for the 2.6.18-53.1.4 kernel and I'm wondering if I've
> installed one that doesn't work with mythtv.

The ones "labeled" centos are for the centosplus kernel and the label
is the natural uname-r extension, e.g. if you use pure CentOS,
e.g. the RHEL cloning rpms cou should not have any "centos" packages.

Try the following

yum install mythtv ivtv ivtv-kmdl-`uname -r` yum-plugin-kmdl

and you will be ready to go (you will need to temporarily enable
atrpms-testing, though, to get some packages from there -
atrpms-testing for CentOS has a different meaning, it contains needed
packages that replace some from the base system)

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net