[mythtv-users] ASUS M2NPV-VM end of production?

Ma Begaj derliebegott at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 23:51:56 UTC 2008

2008/1/2, Mathog David <dmathog at sbcglobal.net>:
> Ismo Tanskanen wrote:
>
> Svideo and component are indeed disappearing from htpc
> mobos. Why are you building htpc with svideo? All
> modern displays can use vga, dvi or hdmi
>

> Our current TV is not "modern" in that way - it only
> has composite, component, and antenna (coax) inputs.
> We won't be replacing it any time soon, so any htpc I
> build has to work with it.
>
> I'm not trying to build an htpc without vga/dvi/hdmi
> capabilities, no question we will need (one of) those
> sooner or later, just not yet.

when I was looking for a mythtv mb, I also saw 2-3 from Biostar. Here is one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138057

good: S-Video, DVI, HDMI, VGA, 8ch sound .... partly bad: ATI/AMD graphics

and here is the one with nVidia graphics and hdmi port ... but no dvi,
but hdmi->dvi adapters can solve this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813138061

$75 is a pretty good price for this.