[mythtv-users] MythBuntu 7.10 Screen Blanking

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Jan 2 13:56:26 UTC 2008

Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> Joe Menola wrote:
>> On Tuesday 01 January 2008 10:01:36 pm Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>>> Howdy
>>> I have just installed a brand spanking new install using MythBuntu 7.10
>>> - downright brilliant once a few things are cleaned up. However, the
>>> only issue I have left is the damn screensaver/screen blanking. I have
>>> set the screensaver to *not* blank the screen but it persists - total
>>> pain in our house.
>>> Does anyone have a fix for this problem?
>> Comb thru xorg.conf for a "dpms" option on.
>> -jm
> Thanks Joe
> That was infact in my xorg.conf - Option "DPMS". I have commented that
> out and will wait until all my recordings are done, then I'll reboot and
> see if it works.
> Cheers
> Bruce

Nope, that didn't work. I commented out Option "DPMS" in xorg.conf (put
a # in front of it), rebooted and just left it sitting there. 10 mins
later the screen goes black needing a keypress/mouse movement/remote
press to bring it back. It is now I realise that this is what is
upsetting my recording playback with freezing, going black for a split
second and coming back.

I *really* need to stop it doing this this. My wife is not a happy
camper as ER keep dying and coming back on her tonight. *ANY* further
help would be very much appreciated.