[mythtv-users] Keeping xmltv uk grabber up to date (ubuntu)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 13:33:29 UTC 2008

On 02/01/2008, Ben Edwards <funkytwig at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have notices that over time the UK Radio Times (and probably other)
> grabbers get out of date because of new freeview channels but the
> Ubuntu sources do not seem to keep up.  What is the best way to
> upgrade the grabber automatically (i.e. a script or source).

If you're running XMLTV 0.5.50 then you are making use of the online
channel mapping for the uk_rt grabber, which was added deliberately to
allow new channel support to be added without requiring to update
XMLTV itself.

You now only need to update XMLTV when new functionality is added. You
can check the progress of tv_grab_uk_rt at
http://xmltv.cvs.sourceforge.net/xmltv/xmltv/grab/uk_rt/tv_grab_uk_rt.in?view=log

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: