[mythtv-users] Encouraging mythtv to use card 2 for channel 28

Russell Brown lists at loebbrown.net
Wed Jan 2 02:45:15 UTC 2008

2008/1/1, Greg Mitchell <greg at nodecam.com>:
> Bruce Markey wrote:
> > Russell Brown wrote:
> >> Is there some way to encourage myth to schedule
> >> recordings for this channel on the PVR 150?
> >
> > Yes but the solution is only in SVN or 0.21.
>
> Ah - I see what's different there.  For me, each of my capture devices
> has it's own source (firewire vs. analog) and you can set channel
> priority per source in 0.20.2...  My apologies.
>

> Greg

I set up separate video sources for the two cards
(both are based on the same schedulesdirect data)
and tried a test recording. The recording started on
card 1. So this did not seem to work

However, with the two sources, it is now possible to
delete a channel from one source but not the other.
Thus, my problem is solved for now.

I will file away the second suggestion to try
after 21 is packaged and ready to be consumed
by those who are too cautious to be on the cutting edge.

Thanks for your help,
Russell Brown