[mythtv-users] Mythtv 0.20.2 xbox xebian pkgs now available

John Baab john.baab at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 01:49:44 UTC 2008

What is the current state of mythtv on xebian?  I followed the howtos listed
on the wiki and there seems to be a dependency issue currently:
xebian:~# apt-get install mythtv-frontend
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

that package should be filed.

  mythtv-frontend: Depends: liblame0 (>= 3.97) but 3.96-1xebian is to be
installed
                   Depends: libmyth-0.20 but it is not going to be installed
                   Depends: libmyth-0.20 (= 0.20-xebian.4) but it is not
going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Here are my apt sources:
deb http://ftp.at.debian.org/debian/ sarge main contrib non-free

deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib
non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US sarge/non-US main contrib
non-free

deb     http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free
deb-src http://security.debian.org/ sarge/updates main contrib non-free

deb http://yoeu.net/debian sarge main
deb ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/Linux/distributions/debian-multimedia/ sarge
main

On a previous attempt to fix this problem I tried to dist-upgrade to stable
(ended with a broken system) and adding the debian multimedia repos seemed
like it would let me install mythtv-frontend from there, but wanted to
install a ton of dependencies which I figured was a bad sign.