[mythtv-users] UK Channel changes?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Tue Jan 1 18:29:26 UTC 2008

Since I have enabled EIT on my Freeview tuners, I have noticed (while watching
the digital TV, and not through Myth) that the EIT information displayed on the
box is not very accurate.

Whilst it gives us some kind of baseline to use till the RT feed resurfaces I
would urge all UK users to treat the EIT schedules with caution. The programs
displayed for some channels are completely wrong, while for others the timings
may be out by 5, 10 or more minutes.

In most cases I have found the newspaper listings to be a bit more accurate -
although we all know those can be out as well, should various live factors force
changes on the broadcasters.

I just hope the RT feed comes back soon.

Mike Perkins