[mythtv-users] Intro---

Chuck Needham thatguy at 2bitstudio.com
Tue Jan 1 07:03:36 UTC 2008

Hi Brad, Mike,

Thanks for the feedback. The only reason for the CF would be no moving
parts and low power. I can live with the MySQL being on a small HDD. I
have a few older drives laying around, I just found my 8GB drive (IBM
DYLA-28100) that's been collecting dust for 2 years, from when I rebuilt
my music-media laptop. If it still runs it should do okay for a DB drive
if MySQL can be set up to use it. I'm wondering if I can set up the IDE
with the DF as master (boot drive) and the 8GB drive as slave. Would I
still not want the rest of MythTV (sans MySQL) installed on the CF?

As for the 4 GB of DDR2, I just want to avoid delays with page files,
but I forget... this wouldn't be a WinDOZE machine. If I can do it in 2
GB then I will.

Chuck