[mythtv-users] New to "sudo" Needs Some Help

David Stuller dcstuller at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 29 19:29:26 UTC 2008

I have been using Fedora for my mythtv needs until recently I have been having problems with frontend lockups (I suspect and issue with nfs or nvidia)
anyway I decided to try ubuntu.  So far so good.  I am trying to get the Sirius plugin to work within mythtv and can't seem to get it work.  I have success within
a terminal window using the command "sudo sipie_myth play octane" but when trying to use a myth page for this (following the wiki) nothing ever happens....  Can anyone help point me in the right direction.... Not sure what to try next.....  I also notice from the terminal that is I don't use sudo and type "sipie_myth play octane" it work but the command "sipie_myth kill" doesn't work......

Thanks in advance