[mythtv-users] Mail Systems, was:Hauppauge HD PVR

Chris Ribe chrisribe at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 19:11:41 UTC 2008

> I'm just saying that the farther away something is the more likely you
> are to have problems accessing it. I like IMAP because the mail is
> stored on the server, not my local machine, and POP has problems if
> you access from more than one client.

I don't know that even we disagree about anything here, but I like gmail
because the *client* stays on the server,  as well as the  email.

As for POP, I was suggesting that one could run a POP client (leave mail on
server),  but not use it as their regular mail client, for the sole purpose
of accessing email archives in the absence of an internet connection.

TV/IT Engineer
WCJB-TV Gainesville, FL
(352) 416 0648
cribe at wcjb.com