[mythtv-users] seeking video hardware recommendations

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Fri Feb 29 18:26:26 UTC 2008

jedi at mishnet.org <jedi at mishnet.org> says:
>     BTW, that BBC underwater video 1080p demo pushes the new mini
> a bit. The cpu that xine is on runs to 100%.

Alas. Unless something changes soon (either on the Intel-driver side,
as Nicolas Will keeps promising, or in Myth's own
semi-forked-with-regular-merges ffmpeg tree), based on your experience
a current Mac mini does not appear to be the ideal h.264 1080i-capable
frontend I'd hoped for in the Hauppauge HD-DVR era..

--
Frontend:		P4 3.0GHz, 1.5TB software RAID 5 array