[mythtv-users] What's the best HD frontend only hardware?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 29 17:55:52 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 10:46 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> I've never heard of any other web site that stores the "security code"
> printed on the back of your card. It defeats the whole purpose of a
> printed security code on the back of the card. I've also never seen a
> web site so proudly display the "hacker safe" logo even while in the
> middle of a hacker attack. Oh, and their shipping prices are
> completely insane. :)

I agree about  storing the CVS being a bad idea. The "Hacker Safe"
idea is ridiculous, how can you possibly "test" against an unknown
attack? What's to prevent a phishing site from "proudly" displaying
the logo which you can lift from any site using it?

But I have purchased a lot of good equipment from the Geeks, with
never a problem. It's hard to argue with that.

I did have a problem with the "auction site" they used to run but have
since shut down.

beww