[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR (A bit more info for those starved for it)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 29 17:47:20 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 10:20 AM, Larry Sanderson wrote:

> I have google forward to my home mail client.  This makes it handy
> when
> my home server goes offline, I can still see the missed messages from
> the google client's Trash folder.

One nice thing about Google is that you do not have to change your
email address when you change ISPs. The ISPs love to give you a "free"
email account in an attempt to lock you in to their "service".

It also provides no clue as to your location, if perhaps you want to
keep that confidential for some reason.

They provide a fair amount of storage, which is presumably pretty well
backed up.

You have to be careful with outside services in addition to your own.
I set up my server to forward some stuff to my Blackberry account the
other day, forgetting I had set up Blackberry to forward to my server.
I'm sure I don't need to tell you the result.

beww