[mythtv-users] What's the best HD frontend only hardware?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 29 17:41:41 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 9:06 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> On Feb 29, 2008, at 6:50 AM, Phil Bridges wrote:
>
>> Historically, I've heard of bad things happening with geeks.com
>> refurbished products, but perhaps they've gotten better.
>
> Worst thing that happened with geeks.com is this:
> http://breachblog.com/2008/01/07/geeks.aspx
>
> That's why I won't shop there any more.

It's a concern, yes. But if you stopped doing business with any outfit
that had a similar problem you would have to stop doing business with
some of the largest banks, financial houses and vendors on the planet,
a lot of whom will not admit when they have this sort of problem.

I once had a 2-week say at a Hotel in France charged to my card (I
have never been to France). I check my account online every couple of
days. When I saw the charge I called my bank and the charge was
removed by the next morning. No big deal IMHO.

Far more "identity" and credit card theft happens by very low-tech
means.

beww