[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR (A bit more info for those starved for it)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 29 15:56:41 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 8:48 AM, Jacob Steenhagen wrote:

> Yeah.  We on this list are still using e-mail.  We haven't switched to
> Google's new "standard" that tries to change the way e-mail
> works...  ;)
>
> Speak for yourself, I switched to the Google standard a few months
> back. It was easier than continuing to support an email server
> running on a DSL connection :).

I looked into moving to Google to avoid the hassle of running a mail
server. While looking at my Google mail Sprintlink (my ISP's
connection to the world) went down.

No problem, I thought. I have a copy going to a backup site.
Unfortunately that was Apple's mail server, also on the west coast,
and also unreachable.

Some things should not be remoted to a thousand miles away.

(More trivia: Sprint's name reflects its origin as the Southern
Pacific Railroad's internal communications network, hence SPRINT)

beww