[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR (A bit more info for those starved for it)

Steve Smith st3v3.sm1th at gmail.com
Fri Feb 29 15:27:40 UTC 2008

On 29/02/2008, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com> wrote:
> On 02/28/2008 04:07 PM, Josh White wrote:
> > Fair enough, but it's hard to solve a problem that isn't apparent to the one
> > causing it.  In Gmail, the "quoted text" is generally hidden, and all you
> > have is what's new from the new post.  The previous post is shown above,
> > since it's the last message, so regardless of whether someone top posts or
> > not, it looks fine to me.
>
> Yeah.  We on this list are still using e-mail.  We haven't switched to
> Google's new "standard" that tries to change the way e-mail works...  ;)
>
> Mike

Really, that's interesting are Google trying to change the way e-mail
works? That smacks of the sort of thing
MS allegedly got up to... (I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, are
Google really trying to fiddle with email? If so I'd definetely be
against it)
Personally, I really like the way the Gmail web client works,
especially for mailing lists like this one. Its threading abilities
are really very good.
Took a bit of getting used to at first, but now I really miss Gmail's
threading when I use other email clients.
Anyway this is waaaaaaaay OT.
Cheers

Steve