[mythtv-users] What's the best HD frontend only hardware?

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Fri Feb 29 14:57:08 UTC 2008

On Feb 29, 2008, at 7:43 AM, Josh White wrote:

> To be fair, the hard drives are refurbished, but that seems like
> quite a deal.

True. I've had very good luck with refurbished drives. The failure
rate has been no different from new units.

I've had very good luck with that vendor. I have no idea how good
their RMA procedure is as I've never had to use it.

Want to be the first on your block with a 12-CPU machine?

http://www.anysystem.com/ugly-e3500-special-2.html

That's not a bad price just for the 12GB of (ECC) RAM.

(Bit of trivia: Sun machines are named for the first network they ran
on, "Stanford University Network")

beww