[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR (A bit more info for those starved for it)

Josh White jaw1959 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 21:07:02 UTC 2008

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 28, 2008, at 12:48 PM, Josh White wrote:
>
> >  /I use Gmail, and I hit "reply" to these messages and I start
> > typing where it puts the cursor.  I apologize if that's a problem
> > for the "don't top-post" people.
>
> It's a "don't top-post" list, so please take the time to move your
> cursor before typing. Looking up information later on in a list where
> people top-post all the time is extremely annoying and results in
> people giving up on archives entirely which in turn results in lots of
> repeat questions to the list. Also, bottom-posters tend to trim
> replies (since they have to san the whole email for an extra second
> anyway) which helps everyone!

Fair enough, but it's hard to solve a problem that isn't apparent to the one
causing it.  In Gmail, the "quoted text" is generally hidden, and all you
have is what's new from the new post.  The previous post is shown above,
since it's the last message, so regardless of whether someone top posts or
not, it looks fine to me.  To be honest, this is the first time I realized
that I was one of the dreaded top posters.  Sorry, all.