[mythtv-users] Hauppauge HD PVR (A bit more info for those starved for it)

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 19:47:46 UTC 2008

In fairness, I didn't do the capture but will vouch that it came
straight from Hauppauge.  In fairness to all parties, and out of a
desire to not throw anyone under the bus, I'll say no more than that.
I know it came from PBS, but can't tell you much more than that.  I
have little (if any) more information on the device itself beyond what
is already being thrown about.  I know that was a 9 Mbit CBR stream at
1080i, and that the device will do up to 25 Mbit.  Those files would
be HUGE, however!  From my own perspective, this bitrate would be more
than adequate.  The .ts it came from is a bit problematic for now, but
a little hammering from the ffmpeg folks should fix that.  You can't
play it currently but you *can* dump a few frames with recent mplayer
SVN, and ffmpeg -i filename *does* inspect the transport properly.  So
that's an awful good start.

Robert