[mythtv-users] Mytharchive (transcode?) not honoring cut list

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 19:15:43 UTC 2008

>  mythtranscode is not. You need to look at mythtranscode's log to see
>  why it failed.
>
>  Personally I haven't had good luck with cutting commercials during the
>  MythArchive process. I usually mark cutpoints, transcode, then use the
>  transcoded file in MythArchive and it's much happier. I've had out of
>  sync audio/video problems. They may have been resolved but I'm used to
>  doing it this way so I just kept doing it.

This is what I do ( cut the commercials before running MythArchive )
although I use projectX for the cutting as I have since mythburn quit
working a few MythTV versions ago. I go into the frontend mark all the
commercials on all the shows I want cut then use find to search my
stroage groups for recordings (usually by month) and all the
recordings it finds that have a cutlist it will process. I usually run
this at night when I am not using the machine for anything else and
then some time in the future I eventually get to running MythArchive.

John