[mythtv-users] Why do they put VGA on Mother Boards anymore?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Feb 28 17:10:55 UTC 2008

On Feb 28, 2008, at 8:36 AM, Richard Bronosky wrote:

> I refuse to believe that the average consumer is building PCs from
> parts purchased through newegg.  But the fact remains that putting a
> VGA port on a mobo does not increase your market, it limits it.

Have you read some of the comments left by people who have bought
motherboards from newegg? Below average isn't all that uncommon. :)

If they take VGA off a motherboard, they run the risk of comments like
"this motherboard suxx. I plugged in my 15 year old CRT and nothing
happened. Don't buy this!!!1!1"