[mythtv-users] Why do they put VGA on Mother Boards anymore?

Richard Bronosky BrunosJunk at Bronosky.com
Thu Feb 28 16:36:52 UTC 2008

I refuse to believe that the average consumer is building PCs from
parts purchased through newegg.  But the fact remains that putting a
VGA port on a mobo does not increase your market, it limits it.

I will say, though, that the PS2 comparison is a valid one.  It
doesn't justify anything though.

Also, I don't think Dell sells anything with only analog out.

On Thu, Feb 28, 2008 at 11:27 AM, Matt Emmott <memmott at gmail.com> wrote:

> > >  I agree, though.. it doesn't provide much benefit to the modern
> consumer.
> >
> > Even if you're aiming for the "Lowest Common Denominator", a
> > Motherboard manufacturer can still use DVI on the backplane, and
> > simply bundle a DVI->VGA adapter (And/or a DVI->HDMI adapter) to suit
> > the people who still have the old technology around. So why they don't
> > is totally beyond me.
> > --
> > Robert "Anaerin" Johnston
> >

> Because the average consumer doesn't know any better. I didn't know there
> was a difference until I read this email :-)

.!# RichardBronosky #!.