[mythtv-users] ATRPMs upgrade issue.

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Feb 27 21:53:25 UTC 2008

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 10:51:18AM +0000, Roy Lofthouse wrote:
> Just updated my backend to the latest ATRPM's version and now I can't
> start the backend.
>
> I keep getting the following error:
>
> /Mythtv/Recordings/nfslockfile.lock: Permission denied
>
> I've not changed any permissions and I've had to set the permissions
> on the recordings directory so the mythtv group has write access.
>
> Has the user changed in the startup scripts at some point?

as other have correctly pointed out there was a change in
mythbackend's environment variables and the adjustment in ATrpms'
scripts led to a bug. This is now fixed, thanks to all reporters on
and off list, bugzilla and the like. It looks like the 0.21 bleeding
packages are quite well used already, which is a good sign for its
official release!
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net