[mythtv-users] User job to encode recordings and storage/deletion of?

Mike Dent mcdent at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 18:47:12 UTC 2008

Hi, thanks for replies.  see reply inline.....

On 27/02/2008, David Fishburn <dfishburn.mythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 11:19 AM, Mike Dent <mcdent at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'v figured out how to encode video for playback on my blackberry now.
> So I
> > can take an ambiguously named recording from /var/lib/mythtv and
> > encode it to a smaller file, copy it to my Blackberry media card and
> watch
> > it fine.
>

> We have been trying to keep pdatranscode.pl updated to handle different
> devices.

I assume this is correct file :-
http://www.tux.org/~peterw/linux/pdatranscode.pl.txt

Could you:
> 1.  Indicate the BB model you are using.

Curve 8320, although I expect all 8300 will be same.

2.  Specify the CPU (if you know).

Not sure, think its only about 206Mhz?

3.  List the screen size (in pixels).

320x240

4.  Show the ffmpeg or mencoder command you used.

/usr/bin/mencoder -o "${OUTFILE}" \
               -aspect 4:3 \
               -ovc lavc \
               -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:mbd=2:turbo:vbitrate=300:aspect=4/3:acodec=mp3:abitrate=96 \
               -oac lavc \
               -vf-pre pp=lb \
               -vf scale=320:240 \
               -af volnorm \
               "${INFILE}"

Is what I am using.

This way we can get that added to the list of devices and at least