[mythtv-users] A different perspective on the "user experience issue"

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Wed Feb 27 18:09:00 UTC 2008

>  I believe he's commenting on how difficult it is to configure MySQL
>  concerning where you want it to be accessible *from*; the config file
>  for that is indeed somewhat arcane.

Oh, OK. I can't really comment on that. I have everything firewalled
off on a private network, and I let the database be open to the whole
network. I've just followed some of the myth setup guides on that
matter, so the most I've ever spent in the config file was a whole 5
seconds to comment out the necessary line and then restart the mysql
service.

--
Ron