[mythtv-users] mythtv-usersTuner Unavailable

Wes Hardaker wjhns176 at hardakers.net
Wed Feb 27 14:44:15 UTC 2008

MC> The MBE has a WinTV PVR 500 and the SBE has a WinTV PVR 150. I am
MC> unable to get either the 500 or the 150 to show up as available on the
MC> Information Center, System Status, Tuner Status menu. I always get
MC> Tuner Unavailable for my entries.

FYI, I've recently run into an odd problem of the devices not appearing
fast enough by the time the back end starts (or at least I think that's
the problem).  On a fresh reboot with a machine with 2 150s in it and
the buffers set fairly high for both them as well as mysql something is
taking too long to come fully up and the backend sometimes fails to
start.  Restarting just the backend by hand a minute later always fixes
the problem.  I doubt this is your problem but it's food for thought at least.