[mythtv-users] Back to Back recordings from the same channel

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:57:49 UTC 2008

On 27/02/2008, Lee McLaren <lmclaren at lrm.com.au> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running Mythbuntu weekly builds, Is there anywhere that there is a
> detailed description on how the scheduler works? I have 4 digital tuners
> with 2 virtual tuners on each for a total of 8, I would like to record
> 10 minutes early and 10 minutes late on both the first and second
> program on the same channel, I don't care if it uses 2 real tuners but
> would prefer to use 2 virtual tuners on the same real tuner as the
> programs are both on the same channel.
> At the moment it records both programs but there is no record 10 minutes
> late on the first or 10 minutes early on the second, it just uses the 1
> virtual tuner.

Sounds a bit like you're using the soft pre-record rather than the
scheduled pre-record.

AFAIR the soft pre-record is configured on the backend setup and is
called something like (seconds to record before/after).  It affects
all recordings (or pehaps all on a given tuner) and is overriden by
the scheduler if it needs the tuner.

The value you need is configured for each recording schedule and is
called something like 'Start recording x minutes early' 'End Recording
x minutes late'.

Have a look in the mythtv user's archive on gossamer threads.  There's
*loads* of discussion about it.

HTH