[mythtv-users] Firewire issues; default LiveTV tuner

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Feb 27 08:13:00 UTC 2008

On Feb 27, 2008, at 12:04 AM, Bob Sully wrote:

> If I can't get it to reliably come up in LiveTV on the Firewire
> input, how
> can I get it to use one of the other tuners as the default?  I saw one
> thread in the archives from about 8 months ago, in which the OP was
> basically told that there was no option for choosing a default tuner
> for
> LiveTV.
>
> I'm sure I'm not the only one having this problem.

I don't use firewire so I can't help you there and I don't know what
you searched for to find that wrong piece of information, but here's
just one of the MANY messages about this in the archives:

In fact, it's so frequently asked that there's even an entry in the
Frequently Asked Questions section of the Wiki.
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Frequently_Asked_Questions#Need_to_prioritise_cards.2Finputs_for_live_TV