[mythtv-users] MythTV recordings and MG-350HD

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Wed Feb 27 04:07:11 UTC 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 7:53 PM, Beny Spensieri Jr wrote:

> Thanks for your understanding.  I would not post for help in such a
> stupid layout.  It seems that if you cut and paste into an email
> using the NEW Yahoo mail, you get that crap!
>
> Anyhow, back to my request.  There seems to be some confusion, the
> MG-350HD is a hard-drive based media player.  The PVR-350 is my
> capture card and it is fully functioning along with my excellent
> MythTV install.  Both devices just happen to have "350" in their
> titles.
>
> The issue is that once I have recorded a program as MPEG2-PS, and I
> transfer it to the MG-350HD via USB cable, the media player then
> chokes on it when trying to play it back.  It plays for 3 seconds,
> then the audio and video get garbled and the playback freezez.  The
> same recording plays fine when using MythTV, so it is the media
> player that can't handle the MPEG2 format.
>
> I have played with the recording settings a bit and I have been able
> to get the video working on the media player, but without audio.
>
> Thanks for your help, and your understanding with the messed up email.
>
> Beny

Oh, that makes a lot more sense (proper line breaks and all). I guess
the next question is what settings are you using that give you no
audio? Also, you might have better luck posting on the AVS Forums (http://www.avsforum.com/
) since Myth seems to be doing the right thing here and there's more
of a chance you'll find someone with an MG-350HD over there.

-Brad