[mythtv-users] MythTV recordings and MG-350HD

Beny Spensieri Jr benyjr at yahoo.ca
Wed Feb 27 03:53:02 UTC 2008

Thanks for your understanding.  I would not post for help in such a stupid layout.  It seems that if you cut and paste into an email using the NEW Yahoo mail, you get that crap!

Anyhow, back to my request.  There seems to be some confusion, the MG-350HD is a hard-drive based media player.  The PVR-350 is my capture card and it is fully functioning along with my excellent MythTV install.  Both devices just happen to have "350" in their titles.

The issue is that once I have recorded a program as MPEG2-PS, and I transfer it to the MG-350HD via USB cable, the media player then chokes on it when trying to play it back.  It plays for 3 seconds, then the audio and video get garbled and the playback freezez.  The same recording plays fine when using MythTV, so it is the media player that can't handle the MPEG2 format.

I have played with the recording settings a bit and I have been able to get the video working on the media player, but without audio.

Thanks for your help, and your understanding with the messed up email.

Beny

http://www.flickr.com/gift/