[mythtv-users] MythVideo: UI suggestion

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Tue Feb 26 20:55:53 UTC 2008

>>  I think that "series" awareness in mythvideo would be a very useful
>>  feature.
>>

> Agreed. Also something the OP mentioned is knowing which episode you
> have watched - perhaps each video could simply have an extra field in
> the DB noting when it was last viewed?

I think this ties in nicely with my 'rant' about advertising content.
Being series aware would be a god send, as would it somehow announcing
that a new episode(s) of a series are now available (i.e. Sarah's been
busy with the Stargate/B5/Spooks DVD's); I know what I've been up to but
other people in the house don't sort of thing.

Perhaps even a button that triggers a "new in the last X days" view (X
being a user configurable option but defaults to say 7 which sounds
sensible).
As above a new column in the DB for 'date added' with a "select name
from videometadata where date > (date - X)" and display that in a window
with selectable controls along with a 'cancel' button; similar to the
IMDB output in the video manager.

As a side, good to see the rants starting a constructive look at stuff.