[mythtv-users] Anyone else have guide data problems? (SchedulesDirect only)

Marc Sherman msherman at projectile.ca
Tue Feb 26 20:45:39 UTC 2008

Brett Kosinski wrote:

> Actually, nope, Myth does *not* consider programs with no subtitle
> when identifying duplicates.  I believe the rational is that, in the
> absence of any subtitle at all, it doesn't have enough information to
> determine whether or not the particular program is a dup, so it errs
> on the side of caution (good thing, too... new episodes of The Daily
> Show and The Colbert Report both show up on my system with no subtitle
> (and ironically, the episodes with a subtitle are *only* re-runs)).
> And I'm not aware of any options which tweak this behaviour (at least
> in 0.20).

A new option that would allow programs without
subtitle/description/episodeid data to be ignored for a particular rule
would be great. This is useful for shows in syndication that are on a
million times a day (The Simpsons, Dora the explorer, etc), where you
don't want to record 3 different copies of the same no-identification
episode on different channels, along with one copy that was identified
properly in the guide data.

- Marc