[mythtv-users] Anyone else have guide data problems? (SchedulesDirect only)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Feb 26 18:01:19 UTC 2008

On Feb 26, 2008, at 10:38 AM, James Pifer wrote:

> I wonder why TVGuide is ALWAYS right though. I have never found it
> wrong
> when I've looked. Zap2it labs has been wrong often. (this is different
> than today's problem)

Back when I worked for a TV station we used to get calls from viewers
telling us "you're running the wrong program". When we asked how they
figured that they would tell us what the TV Guide said we should be
airing :-)

It got to the point that when we had schedule changes, especially with
baseball games (we aired the Mets games) our programming people would
actually telephone some of the major outfits, which I believe included
TV Guide, but we couldn't call everyone, some didn't even have after-
hours or weekend staff to take such a call.

beww