[mythtv-users] Anyone else have guide data problems? (SchedulesDirect only)

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Tue Feb 26 16:43:18 UTC 2008

The LAST thing I want to do is start a long thread about the best way to
get guide data. This is NOT about that. I'm very happy with Schedules
Direct and the service they provide for the money.

That being said I seem to have continual guide data inaccuracies. The
inaccuracies I usually see are on SpikeTV and Discovery Channel because
I record the most off those channels.

I usually don't see it until a show is recorded and it's wrong. If I see
it same day or next day I can go look at the listing on Zap2it.com and
TVGuide.com and compare them. Up until today these cases were always
that TVGuide.com had the RIGHT data and zap2it.com had the WRONG data.
Mine always matched zap2it.com. I've opened up a couple tickets with
schedules direct, but since it hard to catch these before hand, not much
has happened.

Now I had the problem again with a Dirty Jobs episode. So I went to look
at the next airing of the episode. My Mythtv shows it airing tonight.
For some reason I decided to look at tvguide.com and zap2it.com. Both of
them show the same episode, BUT different than what I show.

For Feb 26th at 8:00PM EST on Discover Channel
tvguide.com	Dirty Jobs - Icky, Gooey and Sticky Food Jobs
zap2it.com	Dirty Jobs - Icky, Gooey and Sticky Food Jobs
My Mythtv	Dirty Jobs - Brown Plate Special

The same episode is wrong at Feb 27th at 1:00AM

So I stopped mythbackend, ran mythfilldatabase --refresh-all, but my
guide data still shows the wrong data.

I'm not THAT concerned with getting tonight's issue fixed. My problem is
I have this happens often enough that it's frustrating.

Is anyone else seeing these problems?

Thanks,
James
mythtv version 0.20.2-163.fc7