[mythtv-users] RANT: MythTV has a *horrible* end userexperience.

jedi at mishnet.org jedi at mishnet.org
Tue Feb 26 15:01:00 UTC 2008

> On 02/25/2008 09:04 PM, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> On 02/25/2008 10:40 AM, jedi at mishnet.org wrote:
>>
>>> There doesn't seem to be the option of deleting a single tuner card.
>>>

>> D (Yes.  I really meant to type only a single character.  That's the key
>> you press to delete a single capture card.)
>>

>>> I removed one because the driver was causing kernel panics,
>>>

>> You mean you physically removed the card from the system...

    I removed the driver, not the card. I didn't want to generate
a "maintenance outtage". My backend is now a production system at
my house. '-)

>>>  deleted
>>> the offending kernel module ko file and still Myth wants to try and
>>> tune into it.
>>>

>> before you removed the information about that card from the MythTV
>> setup.  If you were able to get the card configured in MythTV (which
>> takes a bit longer than deleting it),
> you should have been able to delete it from MythTV before physically
> uninstalling it.

...yup, someone else clued me in.

A RTFM manual issue of course, but that's the point. Something this
simple shouldn't require the manual. Although it hadn't been that big
of a deal really. That's why I didn't run the problem down or mention
it before.

I think if I forgot our anniversary she would get over it sooner than
some sort of myth outtage. The slightest little hiccup and she's
snickering about it for months.