[mythtv-users] DVD hardware

David Rees drees76 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 08:22:24 UTC 2008

On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 11:33 PM, Ben Newman <ben at ultraswank.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any recommendations on a solid drive
>  that won't need frequent replacement?

I've also had problems with DVD drives going flaky, even a couple new
ones weren't all that good and had problems reading some disks.

The latest one I've had in my Myth box for a month now is working
great so far, no issues, a Samsung SH-S203B:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16827151153

The last two I had (Lite-On SHM-165H6S, the other a Sony I think?)
both had issues with certain disks.

If it was because the heads were dirty, I still have them so if
someone can recommend a good cleaner that'd be great!

-Dave