[mythtv-users] RANT: MythTV has a *horrible* end user experience.

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Tue Feb 26 01:49:24 UTC 2008

> Well, if you're not going to learn to code, write a patch or file a
> bug then you're just complaining to complain. Carry on.

File a bug about what exactly?  If the UI is doing as the developer
programmed it then is it a bug?  If a theme isn't scaling quite right is
that an issue with the theme; the engine or the end user doing something
silly?  How does the EU know it's a bug/them as the system doesn't
provide "normal" (i.e. Windows-like) levels of feedback about their
actions.

Whatever your attitude towards end users is, your going to see more
people appearing stating "this bit of Myth needs work" that's what
happens when a piece of software goes mainstream.  Unfortunately the
vast majority of those people either a) can't program or b) don't want
to do their day job at home.  Simply writing off their suggestions
because of that smacks of an elitist attitude.

And yes, I can program C++ thank you very much.