[mythtv-users] Encoding to h264 to save space

Chris Isip cmisipster at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 00:07:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org> wrote:

> * On Sun Feb 24, 2008 at 11:13:08PM -0500, Chris Isip wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 24, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Chris Isip <cmisipster at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > > Other minor annoyances I've noticed.  Commercial skip list is off by a
> few
> > > seconds on reencoded videos and there is no way to redo commercial
> skip
> > > after reencode.
>
> > in video distortion for a few seconds, the commercial skip list is
> offset by
> > a few seconds and so is save position, there is no way to redo the
> > commercial skip after transcode, the thumbnails in mythweb suffer the
> same
>
> Why do you think there is no way to rebuild the commercial flagging after
> you transcode?  What errors does mythcommflag give you if you run it
> for a transcoded recording?
>
> --
> Chris

Chris,
I thought it got stuck at Finding Logo.  I ran it again and it finnished the
commercial flag job.  However, it seems the skip points are off by a few
seconds.   Can you give me an insight as to what is happening with the
transcoded file.  Is mythcommflag not finding the keyframes  when I rebuild
the seek table after transcode?  If I understand correctly, there is no
distortion when seeking in the original mpg file because seek points, edit
points or commercial flag points are at keyframes.
Thanks,
Chris