[mythtv-users] OT - Life without MythTV

Sarah Hayes sarah at sarahhayes.is-a-geek.net
Mon Feb 25 23:07:26 UTC 2008

Bill Omer wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 5:04 PM, Jay R. Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 04:59:26PM -0500, Bill Omer wrote:
>>  > http://www.fixya.com/support/t244664-rca_d56w20_no_power_whistling
>>  >
>>  > This guy had the same problem as me and posted some pictures. Notice the
>>  > big red wire on the 2nd picture, this is the one I can not seem to
>>  > remove.
>>
>>  If you mean the big red wire on the *left*, no, you can't remove it.
>>  It's part of the transformer, in my experience; replacements usually
>>  include it.
>>

> Yes the one on the left, and no the replacement is not included.  If
> you read that forum, you'll see talk about removing that wire and
> breaking the connector regularly.

Odd.  Most loptx units I've handled come with the HT lead attached.
Considering I've not experienced the jolt from one of those... but seen
a flying engineer shortly after a loud 'crack'... perhaps you need a
disposable spud to do it? :)

Of course that might not be a line output transformer, I only skimmed
the thread.