[mythtv-users] Solved: CC (and maybe Teletext) to DVD

Scott Walker lkomage at bellsouth.net
Mon Feb 25 22:48:54 UTC 2008

As with previous poster, I deal with the handicapped frequently, and
Closed-Captioning is a critical part of our MythTV setup. My wife has
Usher's Syndrome (hearing and vision loss), and CC is essential for her
to enjoy any television at all.

I'll be very interested to follow this.

This thread is a funny coincidence; I'd just been tinkering with using
MythArchive to move some educational shows onto DVD, and was fretting
over all my attempts working fine except that the CC wasn't making it
into the final product. Now at least I know it wasn't me not knowing
what I'm doing. For now I'm going to just copy the video files elsewhere
as is, leaving the CC info intact, and research other ways to
"transcode" the files without trashing the CC data.