[mythtv-users] OT - Life without MythTV

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Mon Feb 25 21:58:00 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 04:49:24PM -0500, Anthony R. Baker wrote:
>        CRTs have the ability to act like a capacitor and store the charge when
>    unplugged and rebuilds the charge after discharge if it has been subjected
>    to high voltage for a long time though I've never known one not to rebuild
>    some charge.

The common solution is to connect a metal probe with an insulated
handle (an 8"x1/4" straightblade cabinet tip screwdriver, frex) through
a 10k resistor to the chassis, and run it up under the boot on each
tube.

But, if you need to be told how to work on HV, as with so many things,
you shouldn't be inside the set.

Cheers,
-- jra

	     Those who cast the vote decide nothing.